Buying Precious Metals Bullion for a Solo 401k
1. Solo 401k plan trustee opens Solo 401k with Solo 401k provider that offers Plan that allows for investing in alternative
investments such as precious metals.
2. Solo 401k trustee opens checking account for Solo 401k at local bank in the name of the Self-Directed Solo 401k. Note that if both trustees plan to contribute to Solo 401k, two checking accounts are required, one for each Solo 401k trustee, and each will process his or her precious metals purchases from their respective Solo 401k checking accounts.
3. Solo 401k trustee purchases bullion/precious metals from the Broker Dealer by writing a check from Solo 401k checking account after receiving invoice from the broker dealer.
4. Precious metals broker dealer buys bullion from a wholesaler (unless Solo 401k trustee bypasses the
5. Precious metals Broker dealer delivers bullion to Depository institution for the Solo 401k plan.
6. After Depository receives and confirms deposit of precious metals/bullion in its storage facility/vault, it will send written confirmation to Solo 401k trustee.
Solo 401k Precious Metals
How to Purchase Precious Metals with Solo 401k
Solo 401k Precious Metals Terminology
History of Precious Metals